Table of Contents
- Complete Guide Of Chardham Yatra Package – 2021
- Significance Of Chardham Yatra
- History Of Chardham Yatra
- Places To Visit In Chardham Yatra Package
4.1 Gangori Dham
4.1.1 Places to Visit at/around Gangotri Dham
4.2 Yamunotri Dham
4.2.1 Places to Visit at/around Yamunotri Dham
4.3 Kedarnath Dham
4.3.1 Places to Visit at/around Kedarnath Dham
4.4 Badrinath Dham
4.4.1 Places to Visit at/around Badrinath Dham
- Best Time To Plan & Book Chardham Yatra Package
- Chardham Yatra Package By Helicopter
- Chardham Yatra Package From Haridwar
- Chardham Yatra Package From Delhi
- Distance Between & Tentative Travel Time of Places Covered in Chardham Yatra Package
- Frequently Asked Questions On Chardham Yatra Package
- Our Other Popular Packages
Complete Guide Of Chardham Yatra Package – 2021
The holy trip of four sacred places of Uttarakhand (Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath) is popularly known as Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand. Sometimes people confuse it with other Chardham Yatra which consists of Badrinath, Dwarka, Puri & Rameshwaram.
Here we will discuss the Chardham Yatra Package of Uttarakhand. In this Chardham Yatra Package, you visit Gangotri (Origin Of river Ganga & seat of Goddess Ganga), Yamunotri (Temple devoted to goddess Yamuna), Kedarnath (On of the 12 Jyotirlingas) & Badrinath (Temple devoted to Lord Vishnu), all these 4 places combined together farms the Chardham Yatra Package of Uttarakhand in Gharwal region.
Our Chardham Yatra Package is designed to help you in completing the most significant & important spiritual journey of your lifetime. Bharat is the nation where spirituality is enrooted from the very beginning in everyone through religion, meditation & short spiritual trips. As per Hindu mythology, it is believed that Moksha (Surrender to the cycle of incarnation) is the destination of human life & if you complete the Chardham Yatra Package, it is the ultimate key to find Moksha.
This article on the Chardham Yatra Package is the complete guide for you to know about significance, history, places to visit, registration process, routes, the distance between the places & best time to visit. So, if you want a lifetime experience & a memorable trip, book your Chardham Yatra Package through us & give us an opportunity to serve you.
Significance Of Chardham Yatra
Shri Adiguru Shankaracharya Ji coined the word “Chardham”. The term means the four Spiritual Destinations Or adobes of God. He combined two Hindu sectarian traditions. Kedarnath Ji & Badrinath Ji & two Goddes i.e Gangotri & Yamunotri which houses in the Himalayas and are generally covered by a blanket of snow and a piercing atmosphere. This Chardham Yatra is considered a must-visit pilgrimage tour by Hindus to achieve Moksha (Salvation). Every year around 2 lacs tourists visit this four holy adobe with complete devotion.
History Of Chardham Yatra
These four main pilgrimage site which forms present-day Chardham Yatra Package was considered to be very tough & wanderers like Sadhus, Sanyasis (Ascetics), one who has a steep inclination towards spirituality or who can afford to travel, only those people were visiting this till the 1950s. Because during those periods no roads were present & traveling the four pilgrimages of Uttarakhand meant embarking on foot through the hilly terrain. However, the exact year or when & how these four adobes were linked together & formed the circuit of Chhota Chardham Yatra is still not known to anyone.
Till during the Indo-China war (1962), there was no road connectivity to these holy places, but with time & massive effort of locals & government, infrastructure is being built & today the connectivity by road is very good & now helicopter services are also available.
Places To Visit In Chardham Yatra Package
As per legend goddess, Ganga took the form of river Ganga to absolve the sins of King Bhagiratha’s predecessors, following his severe penance of several centuries, & it is the place where Goddess Ganga descended on the earth when Lord Shiva released the mighty river from the locks of his hair to minimize the immense impact of fall of the river on the earth which could have to destroy the earth. Gangotri Dham temple is on the bank of the river Ganga & dedicated to goddess Ganga. Nepalese General Amar Singh Thapa has built the original Gangotri Temple.
Places to Visit at/around Gangotri Dham
- Bhagirath Shila: This is believed to be the exact holy rock where King Bhagirath prayed to Lord Shiva, to help him to bring goddess Ganga to earth.
- Pandava Gufa: It is located 1.5 km from Gangotri, which is believed to be the place where Pandavas have meditated and rested en route to Kailash. One has to trek up to the Pandava Gufa from Gangotri to visit this place.
- Gangotri Temple: Temple dedicated to goddess Ganga.
- Gangnani: It is a small town on the way to Gangotri from Uttarkashi. It is 45 km from Uttarkashi & 52 km from Gangotri. This place is famous for its hot water spring & kund is known as Rishikund. A temple dedicated to sage Parasara father of Ved & Vyas is located at Bhatwari which is located around 12 km from Gangnani.
- Harsil: Harsil valley is located between Uttarkashi & Gangotri, which is 78 km. from Uttarkashi, and 30 km away from the Gangotri National Park. At this place idol of the goddess, Ganga is brought down & worshiped when the main temple remains closed due to heavy snowfall. Harsil is the base camp of the Indian army’s “The Garhwal Scouts” and “Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)” & is also famous for apple plantation. As per local legends, it is believed that Harsil got its name when rivers Bhagirathi & Jalandhari was having an argument & to pacify them Lord Vishnu (Hari) had to intervene & had to turn down himself into a great stone (Shila) to absorb their anger. So, the name Harsil comes from a combination of “Hari + Shila”. Even today after this point water of both rivers becomes less turbulent.
Yamunotri is the source of the river Yamuna & the temple is dedicated to the goddess Yamuna. Sangya is considered to be the birthplace of the Yamuna in the Champasak Glacier (4,421 m) just below the Banderpoonch Mountain. Kalind Parvat is adjacent to the river source & is dedicated to her father Kalind (Kalind is another name of sun deity – Surya).
The original temple was built by Maharani Guleria of Jaipur in the 19th century, which was destroyed several times over the period. There is confusion that who built the temple & as per other beliefs the temple was constructed by Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal.
Places to Visit at/around Yamunotri Dham
- Yamunotri Temple: Dedicated to goddess Yamuna.
- Surya Kund: In close proximity to the temple there is a number of hot water springs, in which Surya Kund is most important.
- Divya Shila: A pious rock that is worshiped as part of ritual after taking bath in Surya Kund & before entering the Yamunotri Temple.
- Hanuman Chatti: The confluence of Hanuman Ganga & Yamuna River.
- Janaki Chatti: It is the originating point of the Yamunotri Dham trek. From Barkot you will be driven up to this point & after taking a holy dip in a hot water spring you have to trek up to 5 km to reach Yamunotri.
- Kharsali: During winter when Yamunotri becomes inaccessible, goddess Yamuna is brought here & worshiped, which means this is the winter seat of the goddess.
- Shani Temple: This temple is believed to be built by Pandava of Mahabharata. It is the first site which is visited during Chardham Yatra.
Kedarnath temple is situated in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand in the Garhwal region on the shore of the Mandakini river. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva & is open to the general public from April (AkshyaTritya) to Nov (Kartik Purnima). After November this area becomes inaccessible due to heavy snow & thus deity is brought down to Ukhimath & worshiped till the main temple gets opened.
Temple is not directly accessible by road, one has to trek from Gaurikund to Kedarnath temple which is around 22 km. Pony, Palanquin & Helicopter services are also available to reach the temple.
As per legend, it is believed that after the epic Kurukshetra war, Pandava wished to atone for the sins of committing fratricide (Gotrahatya) and Brahmanahatya (killing of Brahmins — the priest class) during the war. So in search of Shiva, they reached here, but Shiva wanted to avoid Pandavas because he was very annoyed by the deaths & dishonesty at the Kurukshetra war and was, therefore, insensitive to Pandava’s prayers. Therefore, he assumed the form of a bull (Nandi) and hid in the Garhwal region.
When the Pandavas managed to track & find him in this region, he tried to disappear by sinking himself head-first into the ground. Bhima (Second brother among Pandava), grabbed his tail, forcing him to appear before them and forgive them. The portion of Shiva body in form of Nandi appears at four different places & collectively these places are referred to as Panch Kedar. These Panch Kedar places are Kedarnath (Hump Portion) Tungnath (Arms), Madhyamaheshwar (Nabhi & Stomach), Rudranath (Face), Kalpeshwar (Hair) & Pashupatinath, Nepal (Head Portion).
The present temple, built in the 8th century by Adi Shankaracharya, stands adjacent to the site of an earlier temple built by the Pandavas.
Places to Visit at/around Kedarnath Dham
- Kedarnath Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva & is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga.
- Gupkashi: Guptkashi has the importance of housing ancient temples like Vishwanath temple and Ardhnareshwar temple. The main attraction of this place is Manikarnika Kund, the confluence of two streams of the Ganga and Yamuna.
Badrinath temple is situated in small-town Badrinath in Chamoli district of Uttrakhand. This place is considered very auspicious and is the fourth among Chhota Chardham Yatra Package.
The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu & is located between Nar & Narayan mountain ranges and in the shadow of Nilkantha peak at the height of 3,133 mts. It is the most popular of Vishnu pilgrimages among the five Badries, also known as Vishal Badri.
Places to Visit at/around Badrinath Dham
- Badrinath Temple: Dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Narad Kund: This is the sacred place where Adi Shankaracharya found the Idol of Lord Vishnu in form of Shaligrama in the bay of the Alaknanda river.
- Tapt Kund: As the name suggests it is a hot water spring situated between Badrinath Shrine & Alaknanda river. Pilgrimage take the holy dip in this kund before going to Badrinath.
- Mata Murty Temple: It is dedicated to the mother of Lord Badrinath. Located 3 km from the main Badrinath temple on the bank of Alaknanda river.
- Mana Village: Last village at Indo-Tibetian border & habitat of Indo-Mongolians.
- Bhim Pul: Natural bridge formed by a rock on the other side of Mana Village.
- Sheshnetra: As per mythology Lord Vishnu took a retreat on a snake by the name Anantha Shesha.
- Charan Paduka: A beautiful rock having the foot impression of Lord Vishnu.
- Panch Dhara: Group of 05 water streams originating at Badrinath, namely Prahlad Dhara, Kurma Dhara, Bhrigu Dhara, Urvashi Dhara, and Indira Dhara.
- Panch Shila: Collection of five stones standing between Tapt Kund & Narad Kund. They are Garud Shila, Nar Shila, Sarsingh Shila, Varah Shila & Markandey Shila.
- Vyas Gufa: It is believed that Rishi Vyas wrote Mahabharata in this cave.
- Ganesh Cave: As per Hindu mythology it is believed that Lord Ganesha penned the Mahabharta as dictated by Rishi Vyas.
Best Time To Plan & Book Chardham Yatra Package
Chhota Chardham Yatra is one of the must-do trips for Hindus. Every Hindu must visit these places once in a lifetime.
Doors of the Temples get opened on Akshaya Tritya (April Mid – May Start) & get closed on Kartik Purnima (Oct Mid – Nov Start), so this holy Chardham Yatra can be done during this period but one has to book the Chardham Yatra Package well in advance to avoid the last-minute rush.
We start taking bookings for the next season from the month Oct – Nov previous years. So, to get your best deals & grab your discounts you must book early.
|Options Of Chardham Yatra Package||Check Package|
|Chardham Yatra Package from Delhi||Check Here|
|Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar||Check Here|
|Chardham Yatra Package from Dehradun by Helicopter||Check Here|
Chardham Yatra Package By Helicopter
We expertise ourselves in conducting Chardham Yatra Package by Helicopter & operate Charted Helicopters for conducting Chardham Yatra Package. Some of our popular Chardham Yatra Packages by Helicopter is as below.
- Kedarnath Dham – Sameday
- Badrinath Dham – Samday
- Do Dham (Kedarnath & Badrinath) – Samday
- Chardham (Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath) – 01N/02D
- Chardham (Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath) – 04N/05D
Chardham Yatra Package From Haridwar
Chardham Yatra is a very auspicious tour that every Hindu across the world dreamt of doing it. In our Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar, we offer & organize trips to all four holy places i.e Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath.
In our Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar we offer services from Haridwar i.e in this tour you have to reach Haridwar on your own & our services of Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar will start from here. However, we can extend our services & provide it from New Delhi & Dehradun also.
To know more about our Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar, kindly check our below tour itineraries. Hope you will find them in-line with your requirement. Please note, these itineraries are customizable & can be modified as per guest requirement too, if needed.
Chardham Yatra Package From Delhi
New Delhi being the capital of India, enjoy better connectivity from all over, be it air, rail, or road New Delhi is not only very well connected from other parts of the country but the entire world as well.
As Hindus reside all over & they intend to take this Chardham Yatra once in a lifetime, thus New Delhi serves them as an origin point if they are not comfortable reaching Haridwar.
In our Chardham Yatra Package from Delhi we offer services from Delhi i.e in this tour you have to reach Delhi on your own & our services of Chardham Yatra Package from Delhi will start from here. However, we can extend our services & can make arrangements for train/flight tickets for you to reach New Delhi.
To know more about our Chardham Yatra Package from Delhi, kindly check our below tour itineraries. Hope you will find them in-line with your requirement. Please note, these itineraries are customizable & can be modified as per guest requirement too, if needed.
Distance Between & Tentative Travel Time of Places Covered in Chardham Yatra Package
|Section Of Chardham Yatra Route||Distance Between||Travel Time||Travel Mode|
|Delhi – Haridwar||210 Kms||6 hrs||Rail|
|Delhi – Dehradun||256 Kms||7 Hrs||Rail|
|Haridwar – Barkot||220 Kms||7 Hrs||Road|
|Dehradun – Barkot||125 Kms||5 Hrs||Road|
|Barkot – Yamunotri||36+7 Kms (Trek)||—||Road|
|Barkot – Uttarkashi||100 Kms||5 Hrs||Road|
|Uttarkashi – Gangotri||100 Kms||5 Hrs||Road|
|Uttarkashi – Rudraprayag||180 Kms||8 Hrs||Road|
|Rudraprayag – Kedarnath||74+20 Kms (Trek)||—||Road|
|Rudraprayag – Badrinath||160 Kms||7 Hrs||Road|
|Badrinath – Rishikesh||297 Kms||11 Hrs||Road|
|Rudraprayag – Dehradun||180 Kms||8 Hrs||Road|
|Rishikesh – Haridwar||30 Kms||2 Hrs||Road|
|Haridwar – Delhi||210 Kms||6 Hrs||Rail|
|Dehradun – Delhi||256 Kms||7 Hrs||Rail|
To Book your Chardham yatra packages you can connect us at
Whatsapp Call Us : @ +91-7460087777 EmailUs [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions On Chardham Yatra Package
Which are the Four Dhams which are covered in Chhota Chardham Yatra Package. In Chhota Chardham Yatra Package four Dham which are covered are Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath.
Why these Dham are famous & who is the deity of each Dham? As per Hindu mythology, it is believed that after the Kurukshetra war was over, Pandavs trekked on these routes in search of Lord Shiva to seek his forgiveness for killing their own brothers & Brahmins. Yamunotri – Deity is the goddess Yamuna. Gangotri – Deity is the goddess Ganga. Kedarnath – Deity is goddess Lord Shiva. Badrinath – Deity is goddess Lord Vishnu.
Is a VIP darshan facility available at Chardham Temples? Yes, a VIP darshan facility is available at Chardham Temples. We can arrange those for you.
What is the best time to take Chardham Yatra Package? Doors of the Temples get opened on Akshaya Tritya (April Mid – May Start) & get closed on Kartik Purnima (Oct Mid – Nov Start), so this holy Chardham Yatra can be done during this period but one has to book the Chardham Yatra Package well in advance to avoid the last-minute rush.
What are the essential things we must carry along with us during the tour? Find below the list of essential items you must carry along with you on the Chardham Yatra Package.
- Valid ID Proof – You must carry your valid ID proof (Passport / Voter ID / Aadhar Card / Driving Licence), which may be required at many places.
- Regular Medicines – If you are on regular medication like diabetes, BP, or any such thing, you must not forget to carry these. Note – If you have any serious medical conditions, please share with us so that we can advise you properly OR can plan your trip accordingly.
- Personal Woollen Clothing – Temp will be very cold at places during Chardham Yatra, hence you are advised to carry good quality woolen clothes along with you.
- Water Bottles – To keep yourself hydrated during the trip, you must carry this.
- Food Items – Carry Biscuits, dry fruits, chocolate, or such things. So, that you can regain energy during your long hours of walk and trekking.
- Trekking Shoes – During yatra you have to trek in certain sections, so you must have good comfortable shoes to make your journey easy.
- Umbrella – To protect yourself from sudden rain.
- Rain Coat – This will be required in case of heavy rain.
Is any pre-booking / registration required? Yes, need to pre-book your Chardham Yatra Package to avoid hassles/inconvenience during the tour. Also, registration is required before you commence your Yatra, which is taken care by us once you are done with your booking through us.
Which type of hotels/accommodations available / you provide in your Chardham Yatra Package? Luxury hotels are available only at the plains i.e Haridwar & Dehradun & some part of the Yatra Route. But, because of the extreme conditions at most of the places basic hotel facilities only available. However, we always try to provide the best services to our guests & hence choose the best available hotels at each place we are providing stay.
Which meals are included in your package? In all our “Fixed Departure Tours” we provide all meals, but for individual tours, we offer only breakfast at the hotel. However, other meals can also be included on request from the traveler.
What kind of food available / you provide in Chardham Yatra Package? Food Vegetarian foods are available throughout the Yatra route along with light snacks. We provide complete meals (pure veg) which are freshly & hygienically prepared every time before they are served in all our Fixed Departure Tours.
Is ATMs available at places on Yatra Route? Yes, ATMs are available at places, but they are very crowded, so you are advised to carry a sufficient amount of cash which may be needed during your Yatra in case of emergency. However, cards & digital payments are also acceptable at places in this route.
Do you conduct Chardham Yatra Package by Helicopter? Yes, we do conduct Chardham Yatra Package by Helicopter along with by road.
Do you provide Helicopters from Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, or Hyderabad? No, Chardham Yatra Package by Helicopter is conduct Ex-Dehradun. So, the guest has to reach Dehradun to take this package.
How can I reach Dehradun? You can reach Dehradun by Flight / Train / Bus. All these transport modes are available.
What is the distance of the helipad from the temple? Temples are very closely located to the helipad, i.e within walking distance. However, a pony OR palanquin can also be taken to reach the temple.
Our Other Popular Packages
|Nepal Tour Packages|
|Himachal Tour Packages|
|Uttarakhand Tour Packages|
Do Dham Yatra Packages from Delhi