Uttar Pradesh, located in northern India, is a state known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and religious significance. Here are the top 10 tourist places to visit in Uttar Pradesh:
1. Taj Mahal, Agra:One of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal is a beautiful marble mausoleum that was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is considered to be one of the finest examples of Mughal architecture and is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Uttar Pradesh.
2. Varanasi: Located on the banks of the river Ganges, Varanasi is considered to be one of the oldest living cities in the world. It is a sacred city for Hindus and is known for its numerous temples, ghats, and the famous Ganga Aarti.
3. Lucknow: The capital city of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow is known for its rich cultural heritage and delicious Awadhi cuisine. Some of the must-visit places in Lucknow include the Bara Imambara, Chota Imambara, and the Rumi Darwaza.
4. Allahabad: Also known as Prayagraj, Allahabad is a holy city located at the confluence of the rivers Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati. It is known for its Kumbh Mela, which is one of the largest religious gatherings in the world.
5. Mathura: Known as the birthplace of Lord Krishna, Mathura is a sacred city for Hindus. It is home to numerous temples, such as the Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple, and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Hindu mythology.
6. Ayodhya: Another important religious destination in Uttar Pradesh, Ayodhya is considered to be the birthplace of Lord Rama. It is home to the famous Ram Janmabhoomi Temple and attracts millions of devotees every year.
7. Agra Fort: Located in Agra, the Agra Fort is a beautiful red sandstone fort that was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers stunning views of the Taj Mahal.
8. Fatehpur Sikri: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fatehpur Sikri is a beautiful city that was built by Emperor Akbar. It is known for its stunning architecture and is a must-visit destination for history buffs.
9. Sarnath: Located near Varanasi, Sarnath is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site. It is where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon after attaining enlightenment and is home to numerous temples and stupas.
10. Dudhwa National Park: Located in the Terai region of Uttar Pradesh, Dudhwa National Park is a beautiful wildlife sanctuary that is home to numerous rare and endangered species, such as tigers, elephants, and rhinos. It is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.